9.05.2003

EASING BACK INTO IT: So I take off on y'all, my loyal readership, for like ten days. And then I lollygag around once I return, only posting one lazy GOOGLE OF THE DAY. Sucks, right?

Sorry.

Let's say I'm easing back into the blogging. What with my job search, my sick sixteen-month-old son (tongue twister!), and my incredibly demanding wife, well, who has time to pour their heart out to strangers?

Me.

I heard (the acclaimed young writer) Jhumpa Lahiri on FRESH AIR yesterday, and she gave a really solid explanation for why writers write. She said something like, "Writing is hard, but when I don't write I don't really feel like I'm living a complete life." Amen.

Of course when blogging takes the place of more substantive, goal-oriented, literary writing...

Hey, where's the crime?

No comments: