8.28.2006

 Posted by Picasa

'ELLO OTTO: The march of the male hormones continued in the Hess family this past weekend, as Otto Walter Hess made his happy human debut midday on Saturday.

Weighing in at a miniscule 6 lbs., 3 oz. (which happens to be exact same birth weight as your still-petite-to-this-day favorite blogger), this hirsute young "he" emerged happy, pleasantly pink, and possessed of some serious mutton chops. More than one family member suggested the lad looked like a Young Elvis, albeit with Old Elvis' energy level. Circumsions do that to you, I guess. God knows I'd take a heck of a nap after somebody snipped off a piece of my...

Nevermind.

A hearty congrats to my brother Casey and my sister-in-law Paula, the proud parents, as they enter the land of sleepless joy.

3 comments:

L. said...

I thought the exact same thing. Oh wow, he looks like a little mini-Elvis. I thought it might be taken the wrong way, so didn't want to mention my observation. But, since I'm not the only one, "Hey, the new kid on the block looks like a mini-Elvis!" A very cute mini-Elvis, mind-you. I think we should just refer to him as "The King." Oh, and just for the record, D.T. also weighed in at birth at 6lbs., 3oz. It's a family trend.
L.

Scott Hess said...

I love the idea of calling him "The King," or other Elvis-related nicknames.

TCB, Otto!

Scott Hess said...

BTW, Laurel, your mom sent me an email saying he looks like a Li'l Elvis.