10.31.2006

PAGING ART LINKLETTER: Before we had children, my wife and I had the good fortune of having two beautiful Airedale Terriers. Bruno, the elder of the two, passed away before C.J. (our oldest son) was born. And Vladi, the younger of the two, passed away shortly after Mikey (our youngest son) came on the scene. (To be honest, I'm not certain I have the timing right. But I am certain it doesn't matter to this story.)

Both our boys are well aware that they were preceded in the house by these two eighty-pound furballs, as they've seen pictures and heard stories about the two "boys" we had before them.

A few mornings ago, Eileen and C.J. set out on an early-morning grocery store run. As they pulled into a parking spot, two large Airedales bounded into the window of the car next to them, panting and smiling as only Airedales can. My wife, thrilled, said to my son, "Look, C.J., look!"

"Is that God's car?" he asked.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, that is almost a Laurel blog entry...great!

Anonymous said...

Only through the eyes of children - this is the way we all should see!

L. said...

Great post. I really think Scott should just bite the bullet and commit to a "daddy-blog." I love his "daddy-blog" entries.
L.

Anonymous said...

I think that Scott should write a book about all the funny things that have happened to him once he became a daddy, and include things like his fateful trip to the west coast without underwear, thus illustrating what happens once you are no longer able to just think about your own needs. It would make a great Christams gift for next year's season!