9.09.2004

DISGUST: I find myself generally disgusted with politics at this point. I don't like Bush. I don't like Kerry. I don't like pro-war or anti-war. I don't like Dems or Repubs.

Sadly I've arrived at the usual "lesser of two evils" place, familiar to me from past elections. Gotta vote for somebody.

My only emotion around the war is despair. Okay, maybe a little frustration, too. Worry. Sorrow.

Alright, a lot of emotions. Is this ever gonna be alright?

Terrorists. You can't live with 'em, you can't kill 'em. Now what?

Just read an e-mail posted on AndrewSullivan.com, wherein the writer suggests that it's getting harder and harder to deny the comparisons between Vietnam and Iraq. I hope that's a pessimist writing that. Two weeks after a jingo convention in New York, I'm still wondering what our endgame is in Iraq and whether or not we're truly safer.

Smart people on both sides of the fence have totally different answers to the above questions, of course.

Maybe my next political option is to turn into a Buchananesque isolationist. But then I'm a sucker for anyone who talks with an air of certitude.

No comments: