12.21.2004

THESE YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS MAY BE ONTO SOMETHING WITH THEIR MP3S: I did something new tonight. Okay, so believe it or not, I've become a big Randy Travis fan over the past decade. Doesn't exactly jibe perfectly with the rest of my musical taste, but I can't help it. (Jibes alright with my NASCAR fetish, I guess.) Anyhoo, I've been wanting to pick up the new Randy disc for a week or so, and with taking care of my son and trying to keep our house clean, I haven't had half a chance to come within buying distance of a music store. So tonight I went ahead and bought it on iTunes, which marks the first time I've bought an entire album online first. Sure, I've bought a few novelty tunes (Britney Spears' hypercatchy "Toxic," for example) online, and I've made many situational online purchases of songs and albums over the years...but never a brand new album that I desperately wanted to own. So I'm listening to it in my headhpones as I type this, and it's sounding great, and I'm feeling like I maybe just maybe won't have to own the disc. We'll see.

No comments: