6.26.2006

UNCLE: I feel like I need to write this down -- either to make sense of it, or to purge it, or maybe to memorialize it so that someday we can all take a look at it and see that we lived through it.

  • June 1: Eileen's parents come to Chicago for a visit.
  • June 2: Eileen's mom falls and breaks her hip while walking downtown.
  • June 3: Eileen's mom has hip surgery at Northwestern Hospital.
  • June 4: Eileen's dad flies home to have a coronary catheterization. Eileen's mom stays here in the hospital.
  • June 7: Eileen's dad has his cororonary cath in Columbus, OH. They keep him overnight for observation. Eileen's mom moves to the rehab hospital here in Chicago.
  • June 8: Eileen's dad gets out of the hospital.
  • June 9: Eileen celebrates her 41st birthday.
  • June 12: My dad goes to the hospital in Detroit with chest pain and shortness of breath.
  • June 13: My dad undergoes a coronary cath.
  • June 14: My dad gets a pacemaker put in.
  • June 16: My dad passes a cardiac "stress test." My parents, aunt, uncle, cousins come to Chicago to attend a baby shower for my brother and his wife.
  • June 17: We host the baby shower at our house.
  • June 18: Eileen's mom is released from the hospital. Eileen accompanies her on a flight home to Columbus. Meanwhile, back in Chicgao, my mom starts running a high fever at my brother's house. It's Father's Day.
  • June 19: My mom goes to see a doctor, still here in Chicago. They admit her to Northwestern Hospital where she'll stay for three nights, fighting a kidney infection.
  • June 22: My mom is released, goes home to Michigan, still has fever.
  • June 24: My son C.J. begins having asthma symptoms during the night.
  • June 25: C.J. is admitted to Children's Hospital, where he'll spend two nights with his mother.
  • June 27: C.J. is released from the hospital.

  • 6 comments:

    Casey said...

    On to July!

    P said...

    add in areos' broken arm, zach's broken leg, and my unwelcome gene simmons interpretation and you have... the curse of the baby shower!

    L. said...

    Glad to hear C.J. is home. Hope he is doing lots better. See you next weekend, providing everyone can now stay the heck out of the hospital.
    L.

    Stick on the Ice said...

    You know what they say...these things usually happen in three dozens. WOW - you guys should be able to take off the flak vests now and get on with the rest of the summer. All things heal with time - my leg included - and I'm already feeling better. I hope the same can be said for everyone else. If not, perhaps we should form our own family HMO.

    Anonymous said...

    Sorry to have to have been one of the entries in the diary, but have made it through a day with no fever, and I'm feeling a little stronger. Now I just need to get through the rest of this god awful antibiotic. Three cheers for the release of CJ, and many prayers are directed toward your entire family. Let's all stay healthy!

    Dave S. said...

    Wow. It's no wonder the blogging has been light.