10.29.2003

GHOSTING ORLANDO: I love "boy bands" like NSYNC and the Backstreets. Seriously. They've usually got ace songwriters and absolute studio wizards behind 'em, so you're almost guaranteed to get an A-list melody and production to rival Steely Dan. Where they fall short is usually in the lyrics department. Schlock city, right? The other day the perfect boy-band anthem came to me, cheesy as all hell and full of teen themes. I don't know what else to do with it, so I post it here:

"INTERNALISTICALLY"
I may not be beautiful
but I'm still waiting for you to fall
right down here in love with me
in spite of what you see

I may not be a winner on the outside
But I will cook dinner if you're my bride
Yes, I'm willing to swallow my pride
If you would let me take your body for a ride

There's so much more to me
than the stuff that you can see
Take a look inside, honey
I'm beautiful...
internalistically.

No comments: