12.15.2003

RANTING FOR ME: Dennis Miller is ranting in TIME about politics, among other things, and I find myself nodding along. And I'm not some Miller-head who applauds his every bluster. His cornucopia of allusions used to bug more than amuse me. But about a year ago when I saw him ranting rightward about the same time my politics were shifting, I took notice. And now, reading quotes like these, I feel myself drawn to him:


TIME: Your politics have drifted right in recent years. How come?

MILLER: I'm left on a lot of things. If two gay guys want to get married, I could care less. If a nut case from overseas wants to blow up their wedding, that's when I'm right. (Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me.

Amen.

No comments: