12.24.2003

YOU'VE MADE A BIG IMPRESSION ON ME IN '03:



So Blind Camel has averaged about 30 visits a day in 2003. Wow.

Sure, Site Meter defines a visit as "a series of page views by one person with no more than 30 minutes in between page views," which allows that the same people may be coming back several times a day (given a half hour or more away from the site).

Sure, the logs themselves reveal that a ton of my traffic comes from people Googling "Rudi Bakhtiar."

And yes, I know that my family accounts for some of that traffic, and they largely come here because they a) feel sorry for me, or b) are looking for ways to mock me at our gatherings.

Still, that thirty-a-day number multiplies all the way up to 10,000 visits this past year, which is simply staggering.

To my family, I say thanks for reading.

To the Rudi Bakhtiar devotees, I say I'm sorry.

And to those of you who aren't family or Bakhtiar fetishists, I can only say thanks, and I hope you've been mildly entertained. (Oh, and maybe it's time to think about a hobby.)

No comments: