3.10.2004

KERRY/MCCAIN? My brother Eric e-mailed me a link to a story suggesting the possibility of a Kerry/McCain bipartisan ticket. My first reaction is excitement, because like my brother I have an unusual affection for McCain. I've somehow come to the conclusion, likely naive, that he is above politics, or is at the very least more in tune with my own personal politics (he's a hawk, soft on some social issues, plain-spoken, etc.). My second reaction is there's no way this ticket happens, because McCain is a Republican and we just don't have split tickets in this country in this time. My third reaction is jeez, why should a star like McCain have to play second fiddle to FrankenKerry? I don't have a fourth reaction yet, but I'll work on it.

Okay, here's my fourth reaction: I love this quote...


"It's impossible to imagine the Democratic Party seeking a pro-life, free-trading, non-protectionist, deficit hawk," the senator told ABC's "Good Morning America" during an interview about illegal steroid use. "They'd have to be taking some steroids, I think, in order to let that happen."

No comments: