3.03.2004

MAKING STORIES WITH MY MUSIC: Like I said last post, I'm lovin' my iPod, mostly because it makes the most awesome random mixes, stuff I could never come up with. I'll share more. Here are the next 10 random tracks on my iPod:

  • "It Could Have Been a Brilliant Career," Belle & Sebastian
  • "Side of the Road," Beck
  • "Pink Chanel," The Aluminum Group
  • "Anytown," Everything But the Girl
  • "If Not For You," George Harrison
  • "Ivory Coast," Rancid
  • "When the Night Falls," The Pooh Sticks
  • "The Crying of Lot G," Yo La Tengo
  • "All Countries," Tristeza
  • "A Pistol for Paddy Garcia," The Pogues

    Wow. I mean, this is a great brainstorming tool! It suggests a narrative. Let's see...

    Guy gets disillusioned, goes on a bender, has an affair with an older woman, rethinks his whole life. He remembers the woman that had almost saved him, the town that he used to love. Hmmm. "Ivory Coast" comes out of nowhere. He's watching CNN? Uh...he gets a phone call from his younger brother in the Persian Gulf. Yeah. He goes out for a walk, he gains perspective. He realizes he's still in love with the woman, but that he has nothing to offer her. He dreams of travel, thinks maybe he'll go to Spain. He buys a copy of "The Sun Also Rises" and we see him walk into the horizon, melting against the first rays of morning sun.

    Howzat?

  • No comments: