3.02.2004

BIG APPLE: Broadcasting live and wireless from a Big Apple Starbucks, I am. A quick meeting in the city, then back out to LaGoo.

I've been iPod crazy of late, rippin' 10 GBs inside of a month. On random, here are the next ten songs that come up:

  • "Mister Butterfly," The Aluminum Group
  • "Night Air," Tortoise
  • "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon," Queen
  • "Save You," The Pulsars
  • "Hey Ya!" Outkast
  • "Kije's Ouija," The Free Design
  • "High on the Chalk," The High Llamas
  • "Ms. Lazarus," Hum
  • "Smiley," The Hangups
  • "You Take Me Up," The Thompson Twins

    You gotta love it!

    Funny thing: After an hour in Starbucks, I've noticed they play some great music. So why can't I "grab" a song or two out of the ethers and pull 'em down onto my music device? I'm sitting here with a live wireless connection, they've got billing info on me. I should be able to find out who played the last track (a great, burning Americana ballad) and, if I want, buy the darn thing here and now. And I can't. Heck, I can't even get the baristas to find out who it was. Silly baristas.

  • No comments: