1.24.2005

READ MY WRITING ABOUT READING: Nick Hornby's got a new book out, compiling his "Stuff I'm Reading" columns from THE BELIEVER. As much as I love Hornby, I'm not sure I can justify reading about what's he's reading...rather than reading what I want to read. And, from this review, I gather he laments how tough it is to get through all the books one buys...without mentioning that it becomes even tougher if one feels obliged to read one's favorite writer opining about how tough it is to accomplish same.

Still wondering if I was the only one who enjoyed his HOW TO BE GOOD. Maybe not as good as his first two, but still a thousand times better than most of what I pick up.

Which reminds me: Am LOVING the book I'm reading right now, Elizabeth Gilbert's LAST AMERICAN MAN. Can barely put it down.

No comments: