8.22.2005

CJ'S DARNDEST THINGS: Sometimes it's just fun to listen to my three-year-old think out loud. Among his greatest hits of late are:


  • "What did I did?" (anytime he senses he's about to be in trouble)

  • "Is that the bellybutton?" (referring to a big circle on a tree trunk where a branch had been excised)

  • "I got a lotta Ingles in me." (in response to his dad trying to speak Spanish with him, something he generally reserves for his Guatemalan nanny)

  • "Can I be in our family?" (asking to join Mommy and Daddy's hug)

  • "When I'm a 'dult and you're a baby, I can drink black fizz and you get leche." (advancing his theory that he's getting older and adults are getting younger, as well as his hope that, as he ages, he will be able to drink unlimited Coca-Cola while his father is relegated to milk)
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    The adults growing younger as the child grows older and the milk vs. coke thing is hilarious. Thanks for sharing. I googled you and you came up 'cause you have a Guatemalan nanny. I'm interested in finding one -- I have three children adopted from Guatemala. How did you find yours? Keep posting!