12.09.2005

TAKES AFTER HIS GRANDFATHER: We got like a zillion gallons of snow dumped on us last night, as you no doubt know, given the horrible tragedy at one of our airports.

Anyway, after my no-shit three-hour-plus commute home last night, I had a fun exchange with CJ while watching a TV show on Disney World:


"Daddy, where is Disney World?"

"It's in Florida."

"Is it summer in Florida?"

"It's always summer in Florida."

"Can we go to Florida right now?"

"No, we can't. It's far away from Chicago."

"Daddy, I don't like Chicago anymore."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I always said, the boy is a genius!

Anonymous said...

To my way of thinking, it sounds like it is going to be a long winter in the Hess household.

Dave S. said...

I had a snowy 3 hour commute once from Allstate in Northbrook back down to Lincoln park. I sure don't miss that.

Anonymous said...

This is to Scott Hess from author Michael Collins. Thanks for the review on Amazon. I keep the hell away from the site for the most part, never knowing what someone is going to say about my work. Writers have a thin skin.
Again, thanks for taking the chance and giving me a read.