12.20.2005

WHAT I'VE BEEN READING OF LATE: Seems like I've spent most of my writing energy on other people's blogs of late, writing comments and advice and whatnot. I am the king of unsolicited guidance...

I've been especially entertained and engaged by the writing on The Phone Rang and Infidelity Bites. On the first, a whimsical man channels his inner child *and* his wise old man while dealing with the aftermath of his wife's infidelity. On the second, a very grounded-sounding woman alternates between her inner lawyer and her magnanimous lover, sifting through the rubble after her husband's infidelity. I read both regularly, and I can't help myself from weighing in on their complementary plights, perhaps far too often.

I also make regular visits to Do Over, The Least of My Worries, Nobody Knows It, and Just Procrastinating. (They feature, respectively: more post-infidelity blues; child-rearing and self-actualization blues; still more post-infidelity blues; and light musing about most anything.)

Finally, I've enjoyed keeping up on my brother and his wife, on their dual (and every once in a while, dueling) blogs. He writes Mission From Dog; she hammers out Phaneromania.

For whatever reason, I've spent far less time on the political blogs of late, although I do still go for a fairly regular dose of Andrew Sullivan.

When I'm really bored, I dig into Perez Hilton, perhaps my faoorite guilty pleasure of '06.

So what are y'all reading, when you have the chance?

11 comments:

L. said...

I have a very particular system. Every day, sometimes several times a day, I go to the following. I always go to them in order, linking from one site to the next. If, for some reason, blindcamel is down, I can't go anywhere else. Here's the daily regimin...
blindcamel
thephonerang
phaneromania
mission from dog
dooce
suburbanbliss
That's it. I never have gone anywhere else. I used to read everybodyhates me, but he retired his blog.
L.

do over said...

Wow. I'm honored to be on your short list. Thanks. (And you, of course, are near the top of my bookmarks)

Scott Hess said...

Welcome, Tres Cee. I have no idea what you're talking about, but welcome!

And Laurel, how do you get from Mission From Dog to Dooce? Casey links to Dooce?

L. said...

No, I actually have to go pack to Paula's to get to dooce. It's takes some creative clicking.
L.

The Wife Who Knows said...

You are my audience. Thanks for sharing.

Scott Hess said...

The Lindsay Lohan thing shouldn't autostart anymore. It doesn't, right? If it still does, I'll delete the post...

ell said...

i always enjoy your comments on thephonerang. you seem to hit the nail on the head.

other blogs i frequent, andyt13, here's your sign, sein felda, dzer's diatribe, dreary city.

Dave S. said...

Cool.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay's still singing for me too...

Scott Hess said...

That shouldn't be possible any longer. I deleted the post. Refresh, then check back in, if you would...

Anonymous said...

Seems fixed...