2.26.2004

SEEMS LIKE A LOAD OF CRAP: Forcing Howard Stern off the air, rather than letting me choose whether or not to listen. Altering the Constitution to prevent citizens from fully pursuing their own life, liberty, and happiness. I smell the Republicans of old. I think GWB may have lost the election in the past 48 hours. At the very least my vote is in peril. I've gotta think about this. Is this as simple and ugly as it seems? Stern is a mess, a guilty pleasure at best and a sort of gateway drug to depravity at worst. Still, I listen and watch, at least until he offends me enough to send me away for a few days or weeks. And you know how I feel about same-sex marriage. I thought, as I moved rightward, I was choosing less government, more freedom. I thought I was choosing security. Did I think wrong?

No comments: