5.10.2004

SURVIVORAMA: Some quick thoughts from last night's SURVIVOR ALL-STARS finale:

- Rupert will walk away with the extra million, but I voted for Colby. The guy deserved it the time he gave it away to Tina, and he was once again awesome on this show. That said, I love Rupert. He's great, too. He's in the now, as they say.

- Sure, the show is manipulative, cheap, etc., but I love it, and I also think it's a great learning/teaching tool. I learned so much about grace under pressure just watching this show. I think stress does reveal peoples' true character. No matter how you slice it, I think Big Tom looks like an idiot. And for all this talk about what a "great girl" Jerri is, two shows' worth of SURVIVOR suggests otherwise.

- I'm definitely with the "it's just a game" crowd. My wife and I sat there and marveled at lecturing Lex and blubbering Big Tom and crying Kathy. (Of course we were also amazed that the clueless ShiAnn actually seemed to *get it* for once.)

- Alicia and Amber look worse in all the makeup. Kathy and Jenna looked much better. Jerri demonstrates how a bad personality can turn a hot girl ugly.

- Most of the contestants looked way hotter to me super-skinny than they do more full of face. I don't know what this says about me or how it relates to the fact that low-calorie diets supposedly help you live longer.

- Jeff Probst is spooky. That shot of him hanging out of the helicopter and then making the "take it down" hand gesture (as if he was in control of the landing) was so over the top I could barely stand it.

- I also agreed strongly with Jenna's admonition to Rob and Amber to stop apologizing and to revel in a job well done.

- Lex seems like a cool guy in so many ways. But the bottom line is he's about a forty-year-old guy with a mohawk, a ton of piercings and tattoos...and undoubtedly some big-ass issues.

No comments: