7.13.2005

LIVEBLOGGING ROCKSTAR: So I'm just back from a long day of work, and there it is again: ROCKSTAR: INXS. What is this show, on every night? Anyways, I'll liveblog it for the next few minutes.

Some chick, apparently named Tara Sloan, just rocked out the INXS's "New Sensation." Seems like she's one of the people who's up for elimination. Three of 'em got singled out, and their penalty -- or their chance for reprieve -- consists of performing an INXS song. Tara...well, she looked kind of hot. She had some good rock poses, but seemed sort of forced. It was sort of cheesy to see some of the INXS guys -- or whoever those kind of chubby balding guys on the side were -- rocking out to a cover of their own song, lip-synching the backing vocals. This show is nothing if not dorky. Dorky and taking itself seriously. I mean, c'mon, what the fuck is Dave Navarro smoking?

Now it's some skinny blonde guy in a wife-beater. He's got a good scratchy-version of the Hutchence voice. Not that charismatic, though. I think Navarro wants to do him.

Oh my God, look at Elton Fariss. What a goof.

Okay, now it's Suzy McNeil, doing some other vapid INXS song. What is this? Yuck. This song blows. Poor her.

And anyway, who wants a chick-singer out front of INXS? I mean, she'd have to be smokin' hot to pull it off.

Clearly one of the INXS guys...the one with the short blonde hair...wants to hook up with this Suzy. He had that weird-uncle smile going when they cut to him.

This song blows. "I was standing...you were there." Whatever. Something about worlds colliding. This is clearly from the Major Sucking period of the INXS career arc.

Oh my God. The band is huddling.

Hello Brooke. Meow.

What kind of booby-prize is it to be the post-Hutchence singer of INXS? I mean, aside from Brian Johnson, when has the second singer ever done anything great in any band? Sure, there must be some examples. But all I keep thinking of is that guy named, like Ripper or something, that took over for Judas Priest. Ripper.

I think the new INXS singer should have a fancy name. Tandy. Tolliver. Nindy Jansen. Shiraz Hollister. Something like that.

Oh lord, now a BIG BROTHER commercial. If I were ever single again and on a dating website, I'd make one of the criteria for people I'd date that they hated BIG BROTHER as much as I do.

And now we're back from commercial. Yep, somebody in INXS wants to nail Suzy. She sucks...and she's safe. Now they're on about how serious this is.

And the loser is...Will. He fakes a smile...steps back...and contemplates how much money he's going to make posing for BLUE BOY once his contract with Mark Burnett expires in 2080.

Now Will does some ass-kissing to the INXS geezers. He's good at it. Awww. Maybe they should have kept him.

And now one of the Gibb brothers seems to be kissing Will's ass back. Or is that a husky George Michael?

Brooke Burke looks friggin' ridiculous. Look, sister, you're all about cleavage. Either bring it or go home.

Enough. Enough.

I hope they get McEnroe to do a cameo on this show, preferably as a backup singer.

No comments: