2.22.2006

BACK IN THE BLOGGING SADDLE AGAIN: Start in the middle, see where you end up...

My four-year-old, C.J., has decided he likes shirts with nothing on 'em. As in, "Daddy, that's got stuff in the middle. I want an 'x-in-the-middle-shirt." Huh? "X-in-the-middle means nothing. Nothing in the middle. Just plain."

Once again, the kid is taking after his paternal grandfather, notorious for his love of subtle, understated, or non-existent branding on his apparel. Apparel. Heh. Funny to think of my dad's navy-blue and khaki combos as apparel!

Last night C.J. told us he wants to "get bigger and be a drummer on T.V." He also hopes his whiskers come out of his chin soon. Meanwhile Mikey is starting to talk. Scratch that. Mikey has been blabbering since birth. This kid talks nonsense every waking minute, some combo of German and an Asian dialect. But lately his forceful vowels and consonants are starting to make some sense. The kid is nothing of not emphatic. Every utterance comes with an exclamation caboose. "Nana!" (That means banana, for now.) "Nanny!" (That can mean his nanny or his mom.) "Da! Da da!" (Yours truly, as in "get your dumb ass over here right now, father o' mine.") "D'oh!" (Down.) "Essay!" (This one. That one. From the Spanish.) "Oh, baby!" (I hurt myself. I'm sad. Pity me.)

That's enough for now. More later from the ORD Red Carpet, as I prep for my Colorado City jaunt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need to straighten out that Mikey's language skills pronto. I do not want him to think that his "Nana" is a banana. He will have to learn to call me Nan! And, Scott, in your younger years when you were "way out of the box" I used to think it would be very funny if you ended up with an "Alex P, Keaton" for a son, but having a son as conservative as your dad is a good chuckle as well. Hve a safe trip.

L. said...

Sounds like CJ is taking after his uncle Eric in the clothing department. I'll make sure to get him a nice navy golf shirt for his birthday.

L.

Anonymous said...

now it's a black blazer...but I only wear ties to funerals...not even christenings anymore so I've definiely lighten-upped. CJ certainly has a great role model...D.

Anonymous said...

Camel is good.