2.27.2006

I'M SURE THIS HAPPENS TO YOU: I woke up writing country songs this morning. Like, for example, this one:


(intro)
There are two things to write a song about
one's falling in love
the other is falling out

If you're alive
and your heart is beating
I know I don't have to tell you
this falling out of love
eventually will kill you

But the lucky thing is
that by the very same same token
you can come right back to life
when those magic words are spoken

(chorus)
"I love you" will make you whole again
"I love you" can correct you
"I love you" superglues your heart
"I love you" can protect you

If you find yourself down on the floor
after love has taken leave
there's just one thing that you can do
say the words you would receive

(chorus)
"I love you" saves a drowning man
"I love you" dulls the knife
"I love you" pulls you in the boat
"I love you" saves your life

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious, what made you consider that a country song? Based on the lyrics alone, it wouldn't seem to me to only fit in a country song.

Scott Hess said...

I guess it's that it's a little hokey...so that's how I hear it, kinda country-twangy...rhyming token with spoken, using "superglue," etc.

I can write a hokey song in about five minutes. I'll post another one...

Casey said...

I agree with Paul. I can almost hear Beasties rather than country.