2.07.2006

RED CARPET CONFIDENTIAL: Here I am in the Red Carpet Lounge again, and it dawns on me: Some of my readers -- like those in Hamilton, Ohio and Canton, Michigan, for example -- don't get out much. So, ladies and gentlemen, non-travelers especially, here's an undercover cellphone shot of the United Red Carpet Lounge at O'Hare, C Terminal. Pretty cool, eh? Actually, in a life of nonstop activity, two kids, etc., it's kind of an oasis of calm. I'm sipping a free cappucino and listening to THE VIEW on the TV nearby. A man in a business suit and New Balance sneakers is pacing while he talks on this cell phone. And a lot of tired looking people are absently looking at laptops and newspapers. I like it here. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

L. said...

Don't get out much? I've peeked in the window of my fair share of Red Carpet Lounges.

Once I figure out how to use my new digital camera (Lord help us) I will send you an undercover shot of me in my poka-dot jammies making pancakes for Steven, as that's how I spend most of my mornings. I like it here.

Casey said...

Let's just clarify that THE VIEW and Calm shouldn't be used together. I was home sick last week, it was on in the other room, and my tempurature went up three degrees in a matter of minutes.

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on. Why would ANYONE leave Hamilton, Ohio?!?