11.09.2006

SHE'S A MAN, BABY! One of my habits as I drive around in rental cars in various cities is to find the local urban/dance station and crank it up real loud. Awwwwwww, yeah. You know how we do.

I'm not kidding.

Yesterday I heard what I thought was a great new urban/dance song, all over-the-top and dance-y and funny without meaning to be. I was totally digging it, right? So I listen closely, and I figure out it's probably called "About Us," on accounta the singer/rapper-girl says that phrase something like 73 times in the song.

Today I look the song up on iTunes, and holy shit: It's Brooke Hogan! The Hulkster's man-child daughter! Gnarly! I'm tellin' ya, the tune's actually pretty good. Granted, I can't bear to look at the girl for five seconds, but I'm way tempted to do some downloadin'.

I also grabbed me up some old Coolio and that newish Xtina Aguilera song.

1 comment:

P said...

i miss coolio. i have to say: you rival my 20-something dance instructors with your pop music knowledge. you should make me some playlists every few months so i can keep abreast. there's always some song they're talking about that is the new, hot song for dancers to dance to, and i'm clueless, trying to cover up for the fact that i'm still praying someone will commission me to write a routine to tom jones medley.