7.18.2003

ME-TROIT: I'm up in Motown for the weekend, hanging with my folks and serving as limo driver for the wife (who's headed to a baby shower for my beloved cousin Stacy).

Had a quick observation as my dad and me hit Starbuck's this morning (after we first hit the gym, I might add): The men up here have, on average, more drama in their hairstyles than the men in Chicago. I saw this look, kind of a Mafia oil-job mixed with a Dantanna swoop visor, on four guys in a row. Think football guy Jimmy Johnson, king of the dry visor, sporting the wet look. Very interesting.

Oh, and let me add this important nugget: Mocha malt frappucino. Best drink Starbuck's has ever introduced. What will they think of next? Maybe they'll actually come up with a few edible pastries. I mean, explain that one to me. Best coffee in the world, and they can't carry even one pastry that doesn't absolutely blow.

No comments: