7.30.2003

TREN TREN! My son's a little more than 15 months old now, and his vocabulary is growing rapidly. My wife asked me how many words he has at his disposal now, so let's see:

Tren
Spanish for train (he has a Guatemalan babysitter, so he's got some solid Spanish). He usually says this twice in a row, which brings to mind a rollicking old song by Blackfoot.

Dee-yuh
Short for ardilla, Spanish for squirrel.

Mo
More.

Yah-yee
Vladi, our dog.

E-yay!
His friend Sarkis, who calls him "E-yay."

Mommy
Of course.

Da-da
Hurray!

Kah
Car.

Fwower
Flower (his most advanced word).

Kluh Kluh
Kitty-cat.

Pock
Park.

Go
Go. (Repeated ad infinitum.)

Ahhhh-gwa
Agua (water).

No!
No.

Nie-nie
I want to go to sleep.

Me-me
I want to go to sleep.

Abba
Bottle (give me my).

Yum-yum
I'm hungry. Feed me.

Rie-uhn
Lion.

Scheeeze
Cheese.

Hmmm. So we're at about twenty, for now. Note that most have to do with food, sleep, or fun things. For things that are not in those categories, he has "No!"

No comments: