1.20.2004

POLITICAL BLAH-BLAH: I'm out in Cali for work, and I must say it beats the frozen tundra of Chicago right about now. Anyhow, I missed the Prez's State of the Union address, so I quickly read a summary or two on the news sites, then tuned into the Dem response. You know, I hate to say it. but I'd rather have a tough-guy Texan who acts a little crazy as our faceplate to the world...than this Nancy Pelosi in her red dress, stumbling through a telepromptered speech about sharing and caring. Hey, I'm all for sharing and caring, and I'm all for grandmas in red dresses. But in this crazy world, where fundamentalist terrorists slam airplanes into skyscrapers, I want a badass middle-aged guy who can bench-press his weight and run 7-minute miles in my White House.

Okay, now it's Daschle. He looks like he oughta be hosting a resurrected version of CARD SHARKS.

Either Dems can't read teleprompters, or they're having real problems in the studio. Daschle is stumbling, too.

Say what you will about Clinton, but that guy could wing it better than most people can read it.

Okay, so I miss Clinton. I don't know why, but I do.

No comments: