1.05.2004

ROSE STILL STINKS: I still think Pete Rose is full of shit. Instead of taking complete responsibility for his actions, he continues to speak in this weird second-person:

"You don't think you're going to get caught," he said.

"I think what happens is you're, at the time, you're betting football and then, then what's after football is basketball & and obviously the next thing that follows is baseball. It's just a pattern that you got into."

"But I can't change it, it's happened. And sitting here in my position, you're just looking for a second chance."

"We can rehash it all we want," he said. "And all you can do is tell people that, and if they're not going to believe you, they're not going to believe you."

Rose also seems to blame his tortoise-like path to the truth on baseball brass:

"The only guy I could confess to that would help me was the commissioner of baseball," he said. "And it took me all these years to get face to face."

Nice hustle, Charlie. Boo hoo.

No comments: