11.15.2004

BLAH: My blog is starting to bore me a bit of late. All this talk of politics, as if that's what I care most about. Post-election I'm thinking I ought to head back in the direction I started in, with this space being a bit more about reading, writing, books, poetry, laissez-faire musing, etc. A bit lighter.

Just received Tom Wolfe's latest, I AM CHARLOTTE SIMMONS, from Amazon. Looking forward to it. Loved BONFIRE... and liked A MAN IN FULL. The guy can flat-out write, bottom-line, and he's ambitious and entertaining, too. Plus he said snarky things about Lefties being out of touch, which ingratiated Him to Me.

Am also reading a, well, quasi-spiritual book by Chicagoan Joan Tollifson, the second in a new mysteries series I've gotten into by a guy named Tim Cockey, and back issues of Shambhala Sun and Tricycle. All are stacked alongside my bed in a pile of neglect and hope.

No comments: