11.30.2004

COOL KID STUFF: A few posts ago I bragged about how my son knows Barney Fife and not Barney the Dinosaur. Another fun new discovery: He loves Jonathan Richman, especially the song "Ice Cream Man." He's also a big fan of the "1-2-3-4-5-6" count-off at the start of "Roadrunner."

I only wish somebody would make some clean gangsta-rap. But perhaps that's an oxymoron. Somehow I can't imagine a clean version of the awe-inspiring "You and Your Heroes" from Ice Cube's Lench Mob.

Actually, that's kind of a fun idea. Why not remake "Nothing But a G Thing" and "Gin and Juice" and "It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta" for kids?

"Rolling down the street, eating fruit snacks, drinkin' that apple juice...laid back...with my mind on my diapy and my diapy on my mind..."

"Damn, it feels good to wear a diaper..."

Etc.

No comments: