11.23.2004

SIRIUS PROBLEMS: I just spent a few minutes on the Sirius satellite radio website, and I see that the same problem I had last year still persists: what to buy? I can't for the life of me figure out how to make my entry into satelliteworld. Should I buy a boombox? Then do I need a tuner, too? What about my car...should I buy a new radio, or just some thing to plug into my current radio? What about my office? Is there some kit or system that's the smart buy for someone willing/able/ready to make the plunge? The fact that I'm totally at a loss -- and I'm a guy that was an early adopter of digital music, a guy that has easily bought and installed his own stereos for nearly three decades, and who has a better grasp of computers and electronics than most citizens -- well, it doesn't bode well for the satellite folks. My big question is: Say I want to spend a couple-three hundred bucks, plus I'm willing to fork out the fifteen or so bucks a month for the service...now what? Ain't clear to me. '

By the way, speaking of Sirius has me thinking of Serious, the word, which has me thinking of McEnroe, the show. Saw five minutes of it last night, and it's still just awful. Too bad for Johnny Mac. I think this does more to tarnish the image of a superstar than when Michael Jordan fancied himself a baseball player.

No comments: