11.08.2005


ROADBLOGGING: I've been a lazy blogger of late, but it's not because I don't love you.

Last week I was in Seattle. It was foggy and raining, believe it or not. And yet there's something about foggy and rainy in Seattle that feels just right. Seattle is a Fall or a Winter, if she had her colors done. Had a great dinner at a place called Wild Ginger, an Asian-Fusion hotspot downtown.

Started this week in Laguna Niguel, at a conference at the Ritz there. Hertz slapped me into a Jaguar, which was nice. Spoke at a conference, then rolled up to LAX to fly to where I am now, Sacramento. Turns out I'm here on the day the state votes up or down on their Governator, more or less.

What else? My son turned one, developed another double ear infection, decided he hated cupcakes. (Good for him. Me too!)

My wife threw a fantastic little shindig at our overstuffed, undersized urban hipster casa, a fiesta rife with sushi and rice crackers and old friends.

I finished another Hard Case Crime book, finished THE GAME. I fell in love with The Postal Service.

Anyway, the lid is back off my posting again. This was one of those "break-the-seal" missives, aimed at getting me back off the schneid. More from a Red Carpet Club near you soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great call on the Postal Service. Love them. What did you think of The Game? The idea of a secret society running around picking up hot women strikes me as a bit to seventh grade fantasy to me...

Good to have you back.

Anonymous said...

damn to/too issues...

isaacjosephson said...

Postal Service record is okay, but the first track is amazing!

Big bummer about the ear infection. We just went through our first. Asher was up, screaming half the night.

ell said...

welcome back, b.c. looking forward to some more of your words of wisdom. and hope your son feels better. my youngest had a real tough time with his ears, so i can totally relate.