11.02.2005

SI, TIMEX: Look, it's a bit of an understatement to say that Bush 43 is something of a polarizing figure. (And I know, he's a bumbler, a stooge, in bed with crazy Christians, etc. Let's not go there.)

Nonetheless, my brother Casey forwarded me an article this morning that reminds me what an immensely, intrinsically likable figure he can be. I love this:


When the reporter from La Nacion asked Bush to show him what he carries, the president stood up, fished in his pockets, then dramatically pulled his hands out holding nothing but a white handkerchief that he waved playfully in the air.

"Es todo," Bush told the Spanish-speaking reporter, meaning the handkerchief was all. "No dinero, no mas. No wallet."

I'll save you the effort, my friendly commenters. Here's your joke:

"His pockets are just like his head -- empty."

There you go. No charge.

No comments: