6.25.2003

PERFORMANCE ISSUES: This blog is hosted on Blogspot, the house hosting service for bloggers using the proprietary Blogger software. (Blogger bloggers don't have to host their sites on Blogspot, but it's the easiest option unless you're a tech-weenie with tons of time on your hands.) Anyway, from time to time I hear from readers who have trouble loading the site, who are frustrated by the slow load times, or who encounter broken links or other such annoyances. First, let me say I'm sorry. Second, I'd like to shove the blame over on Blogspot, which is a seriously spotty, crap-like hosting service. And I'd turn into a tech-weenie and move my blog somewheres else if I wasn't certain help is just over the horizon. As you may or may not know, Google bought Blogger about a half-year ago, and I'm confident the good folks at the world's best search engine will move swiftly to improve the Blogspot hosting service.

Another issue: those "comment" links at the end of my posts. Those are provided by a third party called enetation. Basically I just insert enetation code into my template page, and they pop up and maintain the comment links (and the comments themselves). Unfortunately, this feature has a tendency to go up and down more often than a presidential intern. Fortunately the price is right, as in FREE.

Just thought I should keep you all abreast of why the technical performance of this blog isn't always perfect. Thanks for your patience.

No comments: