9.19.2005

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, PLEASE DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO THE DUMBASS ON THE FIELD: I feel like I still owe my readers an account of throwing out the first pitch at Wrigley on my birthday. Heck, I owe it to myself to memorialize the event before I get too old to remember it. Alas, that's not gonna happen now. But I will toss up a picture of the great day. I have an even better pic, of me in full throwing motion with the ball on its way, taken by a pro. But I don't have it...handy (spoken like Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington, of course).

But this one's pretty cool, too, shot by my friend Brad using his Treo 650. Not bad. Do I look terrified? 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

isaacjosephson said...

Maybe, all of your friends in Chicago know, but I'm still waiting eagerly to hear how the hell you got to throw out the first pitch!

Scott Hess said...

I like that you're a baseball guy, Ike. Didn't know that, but it's a fun fact.

I'll tell the tale. It's worth telling.