9.30.2005

PUSH-UPDATE: So I've done my push-ups four times since I last wrote about it. I've knocked out between 50 and 60 good ones every time, which seems to be my max right now (in a row). I'm going to set my new target to 65, which should be a nice and reasonable stretch for the next week or so.

Have I done the situps? No, I have not. I hate doing ab stuff, for whatever reason. So...another small goal will be the 50 situps I was supposed to be doing. Starting now. Errr, later today.

Next comes some cardio. My pal Kev wants me to start training for next year's Alcatraz swim, and I love the sound of it. Maybe I'll try to make a weekend pool trip, see how rusty my swim muscles are these days. I'm gonna say the tin man's got nothing on me...

Funny story: Saw the NFL guy's wife over at the park last week, and she was telling how her husband had got down on the floor to do some push-ups, and "he was really bummed he could only do 50."

So, as the kid from RUSHMORE said, more or less, "I can do 55, so I'm not sweating it."

1 comment:

Scott Hess said...

I hate doing abs and shoulders. Shoulder pain makes me feel washazzy.