1.30.2006

ON TRAVEL AND POOP: Monday morning. I awoke with a random headache -- because, man, I only had like a couple glasses of that rose (think ro-zay; don't know how to make the accent over the 'e') -- but none of the pervading "sick" of last week. The Z-Pac (not to be confused with the 2Pac) has helped, clearly. Now I'm at Starbucks scotch-taping expense reports and working the e-mail. Headed to ORD in a few hours to catch a flight to SEA for a day, then on to LAX until Thursday.

A few fun C.J. scenes of late:


"Daddy, what's it called when I have a really fast poop?"

"Diarrhea."

"Oh. What about when I have a slow poop?"

"I just call that regular poop."

"Eggrahlah poop?"

"Ummm..."

"Egg roll poop?"

"Yeah, close enough."

"Daddy, I hope I have an eggroll poop soon."

And then there was this one:

"Mommy, will you change my poopy diaper?"

"C.J., you're almost four, it's time for you to poopy in the potty. Mommy's getting tired of poopy diapers."

(thinking about it)

"Mommy...will God change my poopy diaper?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think maybe you and mommy should reassure him that one of you will change his diaper, regardless of how distasteful it is. At some point he WILL get tired of having it in his pants, or diaper, as the case may be. Good Luck!mom

Anonymous said...

NO POOPY DIAPERS IN PARASISE!

Anonymous said...

opps...can't spell....that should be p-a-r-a-d-i-s-e" even the word verification ends in "yuk"

isaacjosephson said...

Sounds like I'll just miss you again. I get into L.A. on Friday. We're just two ships passing in the night, Scott.

Scott Hess said...

Isaac, that sounds so BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN...

diane303 said...

Boy....you're lucky that you don't have my late, Greek "YiaYia" ex-mother in law (see Paula's post about potty training at 6 months old - need I say more). She'd be brow beating you, but good, by now.

Yeah I agree that he should be assured that it will be changed, but I think that he should definately understand that poopy diapers are pretty distasteful.