10.13.2005

SOPHISTIKIDS: One of the things we've noticed where I work (I do market research focused on teens) is how grown-up and seemingly sophisticated today's crop of young folks are. Granted, they're still teenagers, but sometimes they sure do look and act like young adults.

In a similar vein, when I looked at this recent Treo snapshot of my son C.J., in advance of his Saturday morning three-year-old soccer practice, I couldn't help but think, "This is a three-year-old?" I'm pretty sure I was bald, drooling, and playing with pots and pans when I was three. Heck, that might still describe me on the weekends.

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

L. said...

He does look super old there...but very cute.
L.

Scott Hess said...

If the shin guards were in the pic, they'd make him look even older.

Scott Hess said...

Perhaps it's his urban sophistication...

;-)

karla said...

That is one seriously cute kid. But I'm almost as impressed with the picture quality. My very cool Nokia phone takes some pretty mediocre pictures. Might have to score me one of those Treos.

Scott Hess said...

Thanks, Karla! *And* his pre-school teachers told us yesterday he's a model student, whatever that means for a three-year-old. Good kid, this one. Meanwhile our one-year-old is fussing up a storm here at 6:45AM. Oh well.