4.03.2003

WAYWARD KERRY CARRIED AWAY: This is more than just bad timing. It's reckless. It's opportunistic and cheap. Only a year ago, I thought of myself as a Democrat. I had great respect for Kerry. But why he feels the time is right to call for "regime change" in this country is beyond me. He could say that he looks forward to debating our President, to campaigning for the presidency, even to changing the course our country is on. But to use the exact same language -- the unique phrase "regime change," which certainly carries extremely negative connotative meaning right now -- is to attempt to create some form of equivalency between what's going on in Baghdad and what he wants to happen here. He is, in essence, paralleling Saddam and Bush. While that may pass for logic in some Left circles, I expect more from Kerry. As much as it pains me to quote Michael Moore, "Shame on you, Senator Kerry."

No comments: